Here is a great, easy-to-make dish to put on your family dinner menu for this week. Prep time is only about 10 minutes and it bakes in 20-25 minutes. It can come from your food storage, plus, it passes the kid test. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 Cups PP Freeze-Dried Cooked Ground Beef
- 1 Cup PP Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup PP Freeze-Dried Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup PP Scone Mix
- 1 Cup PP Dehydrated Fat-Free Milk
- 2 PP Whole Eggs or Egg Mix
Reconstitute before using. Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
PP = Provident Pantry
1. Heat oven to 400°F, Grease 9" pie plate.
2. Spread beef and onion in pie plate; sprinkle salt and cheese on top.
3. Mix milk, eggs, and scone mix until blended and pour on top of the beef and cheese in the pie plate.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool 5 minutes.
No wonder it's called "Easy Cheeseburger Pie." Enjoy!
Variations: use a variety of cheeses including Monterey Jack or Colby. For added flavor, color and nutrition use any combination of freeze-dried or dehydrated green bell peppers, tomatoes or mushrooms.
Click Here for a PDF recipe card.