In February 2020, President Russell M. Nelson extended an invitation to Church members as we commemorate the 200th anniversary of the First Vision to “think deeply and often” about how we hear the Savior in our own lives.
During his April 2020 general conference address “Hear Him,” President Nelson spoke of how it has “never been more imperative to know how the Spirit speaks to you,” and to do “whatever it takes to increase your spiritual capacity to receive personal revelation.” He also entreated Latter-day Saints to become more intentional disciples of Jesus Christ and to fill “our daily lives with His words, His teachings, His truths.”
Taking President Nelson’s invitation to heart, Deseret Book will be releasing a new resource, Hear Him: A Study Guide on Personal Revelation, to help Latter-day Saints seek personal revelation in their own lives. As explained in the introduction, the study guide was designed “with each of us in mind as individual children of divine origin trying to navigate life’s journey with as much spiritual guidance as possible.”
Over the course of eight weeks, the Hear Him study guide’s eight chapters provide many opportunities to find that spiritual guidance by covering topics such as “Aligning Our Will with God’s” and “Understanding the Lord’s Timing,” with an ultimate goal of making personal revelation a more integrated part of everyday life.
In each chapter, the Hear Him study guide also focuses on five principles that are illustrated in the following ways:
- • Learn: Study quotes on the topic for the week and journaling space to write down your inspiration.
- • Apply: Advice from leaders and chart space to put down your thoughts and ideas.
- • Act: Quotes and questions to ponder as well as journal space to write down your feelings.
- • Share: Conversation prompts and ideas to share what you’ve learned. (In this section, there are also inspirational cards—one to keep and one to give away.)
- • Reflect: A spiritual message and space to record what you’ve pondered over the week.
Preorder the Hear Him study guide today. Orders will begin shipping in early August.
Images by Deseret Book
The pages of Hear Him: A Study Guide on Personal Revelation are filled with inspirational messages, study ideas, writing prompts, journaling space, and shareable cards meant to help guide a more personal study of revelation. This is perfect for carrying with your scriptures or in your bag so you can pull it out during a (sometimes rare) quiet moment and study throughout your day. Available for preorder at DeseretBook.com.