With many missionaries returning home to self-isolation and home church, the opportunity to share what they have learned with their wards and branches has been missed or postponed. So, if you are a missionary who has returned home during COVID-19, LDS Living would love to give you the opportunity to share your mission experience. We will be putting together a “homecoming talk” compilation of various missionaries sharing their testimonies and experiences. If you are interested in participating, please submit a video of yourself sharing how your mission influenced your life and your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Video recording requirements:
- Please film so that your face is well lit (i.e. in front of a window).
- Find a time/place to film where the sound quality will be at its best (i.e. no family talking in the background or construction going on outside).
- Record yourself in LANDSCAPE mode
- Place yourself in the center of the screen
- Your talk should be seven minutes or less
- You can read your talk in the video, but please practice ahead of submitting so that you are mostly looking and talking directly to the camera
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Tuesday, May 19 by 11:59 p.m. MDT
By submitting your video to LDS Living and Deseret Book Co., you are agreeing to allow use of the video images, audio from the video, and your likeness and words contained in the video in any way that we see fit to use it for the purposes outlined above. You also affirm that the words and stories you share in the video are your own and no one else's.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be able to use any videos that don't follow the guidelines listed above. And though we won't be able to respond to each submission individually, we are so grateful to you for sharing your heart with us.