Make sure to use coupon code LDS10 to get 10% off supplies needed at Oh My Crafts!
Celebrate wedding season by giving all of those happy couples a special handmade card. This card has it all: pearls, ribbon, and punches combine for the perfect cake.
- Oh My Crafts: cardstock: beach babe; acid-free craft tape; walnut vinyl
- Imaginisce: garden party 6x6 pad
- Bazzill Cardstock: wedding white
- EK Success: zigzag chain; ½ inch circle punch
- Copic Markers: ciao Y 21
- Martha Stewart Punches: footlights, daisy chain
- Sizzix: Tim Holtz Alterations – mini scallop & pinking die
- Viva Décor: cream pearl pen
- Ribbon: general craft supply
- We R Memory Keepers: corner chomper
Wedding Cake Card:
1. Cut pink card base 9 ¾ x 6 ¼ inches. Score in half and fold.
2. Cut pink print 6 x 4 ½ inches. Adhere to front of card base.
3. Cut large rectangle from butterfly white paper 1⅞ x 3⅝ inches. Punch top edge with footlights punch.
4. Cut medium rectangle from striped white paper 2¾ x 1½ inches. Punch top edge with footlights punch.
5. Cut small rectangle from satin white paper 2 x 1½ inches. Punch top edge with footlights punch.
6. Punch (3) ½-inch circles from stripe paper.
7. Punch zigzag chain from satin paper.
8. Punch daisy chain from satin paper.
9. Punch border scallop from Sizzix die – mini scallop.
10. Using the light yellow Copic marker, lightly color all punch pieces for accent color if desired. (See tip)
11. From Cricut cartridge “Tie the Knot,” cut cake plate from solid pink cardstock. Use blade depth 6, max pressure, 3½ inch size and medium speed.
12. Assemble cake by layering the scallop to bottom of largest layer, dots to largest cake layer, zigzag to middle layer, and daisy chain to smallest layer.
13. Adhere completed cake to pedestal.
14. Adhere cake to front of card.
15. Tie white bow and adhere to top of cake.
16. If desired on the inside of card, cut a flourish from Cricut cartridge “Tie the Knot” about 1½-1¾ inches from walnut vinyl. Use a blade depth of 4 with low pressure and medium speed.
17. Weed excess vinyl and remove centers. Using transfer tape, lift design from liner paper and transfer to inside center of card.
18. Round corner edges with corner rounder or pair of scissors.
19. With pearl pen, fill in the 2 small holes in punched design at the top of each layer. On the bottom scallop, place 2 vertical dots every other scallop. Let dry.
The accent pieces can be colored any color to match the wedding colors. Because the wedding Bazzill paper has a special coating on it, the ink of the Copic marker does not seep through.
Comments and feedback can be sent to email@example.com
INFORMATION AND INSPIRATION FOR LIVING A LATTER-DAY SAINT LIFE
Daily news, articles & videos right to your inbox.