The Seventies Hall is a two-story brick structure once devoted to the grand principle of preparation. It had a rough start, for during construction it was destroyed by a tornado. That led some to feel that, with all their other challenges, they might be justified in letting this project go.
But no. Joseph had initiated it, and his successor knew it was vital. So, insisting on thicker walls this time, and issuing an urgent timetable, Brigham saw it through. At last, in December of 1844, he dedicated it to the Lord.
This article is sponsored by Fun For Less.