Although his recorded words are few, the prophet Elijah is among the most prominent in the Old Testament. He ministered in the Northern Kingdom of Israel in a time when the people had almost entirely turned to idol worship (about 900 B.C.). Through his priesthood power and his faith, Elijah was able to perform many mighty works. Here are 15 miracles associated with this great prophet.
1. He sealed the heavens so it would not rain for 3.5 years (1 Kings 17:1)
2. He was fed by ravens during the drought (1 Kings 17:3-6)
3. He blessed a widow's barrels of meal and oil so they would not become empty (1 Kings 17: 8-16)
4. He raised a boy from the dead (1 Kings 17:17-23)
5. In a contest with 450 priests of Baal, he called down fire from heaven to burn his sacrifice (1 Kings 18:22-38)
6. He opened the heavens so it rained again (1 Kings 18: 41-46)
7. An angel fed him cake (probably a form of bread) and water (1 Kings 19: 5-8)
8. He prophesied the death of Ahaziah (2 Kings 1:2-4, 17)
9. He called down fire on the soldiers of the king (2 Kings 1:9-12)
10. He prophesied that wicked queen Jezebel would be eaten by dogs (2 Kings 10:1-17)
11. He prophesied that wicked king Ahab would be destroyed (2 Kings 10:1-17)
12. He divided the aters of the Jordan River (2 Kings 2:8)
13. A chariot of fire took him to heaven (2 Kings 2:11)
14. He appeared on the Mount of Transfiguration with Moses and conferred the keys of the priesthood on Peter, James, and John (Matt. 17:3).
15. He appeared again, with Moses and others, on April 3, 1836, in the Kirtland Ohio Temple and conferred the same keys upon Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery (D&C 110:13–16).
According tolds.org, "The deep impression Elijah made upon the life of the Israelites is indicated in the fixed belief that prevails that he will return, as spoken of in Mal. 4:5. The foregoing references from the New Testament show that many mistook Jesus for Elijah returned. Among the Jews he is still an invited guest at the Passover, for whom a vacant seat is reserved and the door is opened."
Learn more about the prophet Elijah here.