Grilled Chicken Caprese
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1–1½ cups balsamic vinegar salad dressing
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (1 oz.) slices fresh mozzarella
Place chicken in gallon-sized zip-top bag and add enough salad dressing to cover chicken breasts. Marinate at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
When ready to cook, preheat outdoor grill. In medium-sized bowl, gently combine halved tomatoes, garlic, and basil.
Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
Reduce grill temperature to medium. Place chicken breasts on grill, close lid, and cook 7 minutes. Flip chicken and cook another 7 minutes. During last few minutes, add slice of mozzarella to each chicken breast. Close lid and allow cheese to melt. Remove from heat, top each chicken breast with the tomato-basil mixture, and serve immediately.
Check out more healthy recipes in 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites, available at Deseret Book and deseretbook.com.