During his short life, the Prophet Joseph Smith shared many words of wisdom—some of which we still remember today and some which most of us haven't heard before. Here are some lesser-known ones that he shared during his life (more can be found in Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith). Which ones would you add?
1. Never exact of a friend in adversity what you would require in prosperity.
2. If a man prove himself to be honest in his deal, and an enemy come upon him wickedly, . . . and spoil him with his goods, never say unto that man in the day of his adversity, pay me what thou owest, for if thou doest it, thou addest a deeper wound, and condemnation shall come upon thee.
3. Never afflict thy soul for what an enemy hath put it out of thy power to do, if thy desires are ever so just.
4. Let thy hand never fail to hand out that that thou owest while it is yet within thy grasp to do so, but when thy stock fails, say to thy heart, be strong, and to thine anxieties cease.
5. The righteousness of man is sin because it exacteth overmuch; nevertheless, the righteousness of God is just, because it exacteth nothing at all, but sendeth the rain on the just and the unjust.