Beginning on June 1, the number of quorums of the Seventy will grow from eight to 12. The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced the additional four quorums for Area Seventies and an adjusted geographic alignment of the quorums in a letter to General Authorities on May 19, according to Church News.
General Authority Seventies make up the First and Second Quorums of the Seventy. The other 10 quorums will be comprised of Area Seventies:
- • Third Quorum — Africa Central, Africa South, and Africa West areas (The first two are being created from a division of the current Africa Southeast Area.)
- • Fourth Quorum — Asia and Asia North areas
- • Fifth Quorum — Brazil Area
- • Sixth Quorum — Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico areas
- • Seventh Quorum — Europe, Europe East, and Middle East/Africa North areas
- • Eighth Quorum — Pacific and Philippines areas
- • Ninth Quorum — South America Northwest and South America South areas
- • Tenth Quorum — North America Central, North America Northeast, and North America Southeast areas
- • Eleventh Quorum — North America Southwest and North America West areas
- • Twelfth Quorum — Utah Area
“It is felt that the changes in Area Seventy quorums will enhance the functioning of the quorums, improve geographic alignment of the quorums, and enhance cultural and language similarities among quorum members,” the First Presidency said in the letter.
READ THE FULL STORY AT Church News.