Most people would agree that journaling is important, especially during such a unique time in history, but sometimes it can be difficult to know what aspects of your life to write about. FamilySearch.org recently shared a list of 16 creative and approachable journal prompts that will have you eager to get started.
These prompts can help you record how the pandemic changed various aspects of your life. You and future generations may want to remember how you learned to adapt in your professional life, or what creative ways you found to stay connected to family and friends.
Journaling is also a way to maintain your spiritual health now and inspire others down the road. President Spencer W. Kimball once said:
Those who keep a book of remembrance are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives. Journals are a way of counting our blessings and of leaving an inventory of these blessings for our posterity.
Below are a few of our favorite prompts. Visit FamilySearch.org to see the complete list.
- • Record when and where you were when you first heard about COVID-19.
- • If you were a student whose school closed down, how did you feel about learning from home?
- • What books, movies, TV shows, or other activities did you engage in?
- • What is one aspect of your life that was harder during the pandemic? What was easier?
- • In what ways, if at all, do you think the world will be changed because of COVID-19?
►You may also like: 5 Ways to Write a Family History Worth Reading