To minimize community spread of COVID-19, the following adjustments have been made related to temples. These policies are effective immediately and will continue until further notice.
- • Temples will accept only appointments for living ordinances from members residing within the local temple district.
- • In states, provinces or regions that have multiple temples, those temples can accept appointments for living ordinances from members within the state, province or region.
- • This applies retroactively to previously scheduled appointments. Temple staff will contact all those affected to answer questions and cancel or reschedule appointments.
- • Temple staff will also attempt to contact those scheduled for living ordinances the day before their appointment to ensure no members of the patron’s attending party are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- • Members showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend the temple.
The Church will continue to monitor changing conditions and make further adjustments as necessary.
PRESS RELEASE FROM Church Newsroom