Here’s a snapshot of what you may have missed on LDS Living this week. You can also subscribe to the LDS Living newsletter for daily inspiration right to your inbox.
President Russell M. Nelson shared a special video message on Friday, November 20. Here are eight powerful quotes from his address. You can also learn about the impression that came to President Nelson in the middle of the night that inspired his video message or see social media reactions to his message.
How much do we know about the spirit world? This BYU Education Week presenter shares what prophets, scriptures have taught
What happens between death and resurrection, and what do we really know about the subject? In a recent BYU Education Week address, Curtis L. Jacobs, a seminary and institute teacher of 41 years, explained some important things to know when diving into the topic. Read the article here.
Author Morgan Jones writes, “The pool of Bethesda is known in scripture as a place of healing, and one October day, after standing by a replica of its waters on the Church's Motion Picture Set during a filming of ‘The Chosen,’ I learned that the healing people sought at Bethesda is still available to us and, in some cases, through us.” Read the article here.
With President Nelson’s reading of the newest proclamation in the April 2020 general conference and the anniversary of several other prominent ones, here is a look at past proclamations and how we can benefit from thinking of them in a broader way. Read the article here.
• The Young Women General Presidency led a Face to Face celebration of the 150th anniversary of the Young Women organization. Here are six memorable moments from the celebration.
• The daily service prompts for the #LightTheWorld initiative are now available.
• Starting on November 23, four additional temples in South America will begin Phase 2 of operations. Two in California will pause operations.
Study Helps, Podcast Previews, and Other Weekly Series
• In this week’s “Resources to follow Him,” a curation of study resources, teachings, and thoughts related to this week’s Come, Follow Me, author Danielle Christensen writes “How the Jaredite story might be more like yours than you realize.” You can also find this week's podcast episode of Sunday on Monday here.
• “This week from the pulpit” highlights recent messages by General Authorities, General Officers, and leaders of the Church. This week's article shares “President Nelson's message to wildfire victims and other recent messages from Church leaders.”
• On this week’s episode of This Is the Gospel, Ryan Cranney of Cranney Farms shares how one decision to donate more than two million pounds of potatoes led to an unlikely correspondence with a woman in Kenya and the miracles that have since followed. Read an excerpt from the episode, “How donating 2 million pounds of potatoes led to the conversion of a woman in Kenya.”
• In the series, “Scenes from Saints” author Jannalee Sandau shares interesting takeaways from Saints volume 2. This weekly series continues with the article “Plural marriage, divorce, adoption sealings, and other relationship topics Saints 2 tackles.”
• On this week's episode of All In, host Morgan Jones is joined by videographer Devin Graham. Read an excerpt from this week's episode, “Latter-day Saint YouTuber Devin Graham talks sharing his faith in videos viewed by millions.”
• The bi-weekly Friday column, “Found in the footnotes,” explores some of the footnotes from Church leaders’ remarks. This week author Lindsey Williams shares “What I learned about God’s character from a footnote of Elder Uchtdorf’s general conference talk.”