Here’s a snapshot of what you may have missed on LDS Living this week. You can also subscribe to the LDS Living newsletter for daily inspiration right to your inbox.
As the holiday season approaches, Emily Belle Freeman and David Butler bring new meaning to the Nativity story with these seven Christ-centered Christmas traditions—one for each day of the week leading up to Christmas. Read the LDS Living article.
“The Christ Child: A Nativity Story” captured the hearts of millions as it told the sacred events of the first Christmas 2,000 years ago in a realistic and relatable way. But what went into the making of this unique film? Historians, scholars, directors, and others discuss how it all came together behind the scenes in a new video released by the Church. Read the LDS Living article.
In the bi-weekly column “Found in the Footnotes,” author Lindsey Williams shares, “As we look forward to commemorating the birth of Christ, we anxiously anticipate when He will come again. While studying President Russell M. Nelson’s talk, ‘Embrace the Future with Faith,’ I noticed four footnotes that helped deepen my own understanding of embracing the future with faith.” Read the column.
• Elder Ronald A. Rasband's new book was released, Be Not Troubled.
• The Church released a list of 14 events in 2021 you won't want to miss.
• In temple reopening updates, 14 temples have now paused operations.
• Elder Jeffrey R. Holland celebrated his 80th birthday on Friday. We updated a list of 27 photos from his life in honor of his special day.
• Temple Square started off the Christmas season with “Celebrating the Light of the World: A Christmas on Temple Square Performance.” As part of the video, Church leaders read Luke 2 in eight different languages.
• Elder and Sister Renlund were diagnosed with COVID-19.
Study Helps, Podcast Previews, and Other Weekly Series
• “Resources to follow Him” is a curation of study resources, teachings, and thoughts related to this week’s Come, Follow Me. This week, author Morgan Jones writes, “Why what Moroni chose to write has everything to do with you and me.” You can also find this week's podcast episode of Sunday on Monday here.
• “This week from the pulpit” highlights recent messages by General Authorities, General Officers, and leaders of the Church. This week's article shares messages from President Nelson, Elder Christofferson, Elder Cook, and more.
• In this week’s bonus episode of This Is the Gospel, producers KaRyn Lay and Sarah Blake catch up with Emily from episode 34 and Stacy Taniguchi from episode 37. Read an excerpt from the episode, “3 tips for living an exhilarating life from survival guide Stacy Taniguchi.”
• In the series “Scenes from Saints,” author Jannalee Sandau shares interesting takeaways from Saints, Volume 2. This weekly series continues with the article “Confessing sins at ward meetings, forgiving thousands of debts, and 8 other tidbits about Church history found in the second volume of ‘Saints.’”
• On this week's episode of All In, host Morgan Jones is joined by musician Jason Deere of the Nashville Tribute Band. Read an excerpt from this week's episode, “How one encouraging comment from a bishop changed the life of Nashville Tribute Band’s Jason Deere.”