13 Weeks of FHE
Thought: “I testify that our Savior lives. He is the Only Begotten of the Father, and He will come again on this earth to reign. He is Jesus Christ, the Holy One of Israel, ‘full of grace, and mercy, and truth. . . . It is He that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.’ He is the literal Son of God, who rose from the dead on the third day, bringing the reality of resurrection to all who will come to earth. I also testify that God our Eternal Father lives and loves each of us, for we are His children. So great is His love that He sent His Only Begotten Son into the world ‘that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’ As an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, I testify of the truth of what is in the scriptures and what has been told to me and can be told to you by the Holy Spirit. It will be revealed according to your obedience and desires.” –Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Scripture: Articles of Faith 1:1: “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost." (This would be a good time to teach the family where the Articles of Faith are found in the scriptures, at the conclusion of The Pearl of Great Price.)
- Discuss the importance of knowing that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings. Read Matthew 3:13–17 and talk about how all three members of the Godhead were present at Christ’s baptism.
- Recite the first article of faith together. Watch Zack & Zoey Explore the Articles of Faith, First Article of Faith clip:
- Talk about what you learned from the video. Ask questions such as “What are the different characteristics of each member of the Godhead?” and “Why do we need all three?”
- Step 1: Pass around a sheet of paper for each person as well as markers, crayons, and/or colored pencils.
- Step 2: For a few minutes, have each family member copy the Article of Faith on the top of their sheet of paper.
- Step 3: On the same sheet of paper, have each member draw a picture of how it makes them feel to know that they have a loving Heavenly Father, a Savior Jesus Christ, and a comforter in the Holy Ghost.
- Step 4: Have each family member show their picture and share their own thoughts and/or testimony of God, the Eternal Father; His Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Ghost.
- Step 5: Recite the first Article of Faith as a family.
- Step 6: Encourage each family member to post their drawing somewhere that will always remind them of their testimony of the Godhead.
Zack & Zoey Zinnamon Strips
1–2 ready-made pie dough crusts
Butter, for brushing
3 tbsp. sugar
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Unroll pre-made pie dough and lightly brush with butter.
3. Mix together sugar and cinnamon until desired balance is achieved. Sprinkle over the dough.
4. Slice the dough into 1 ½ inch strips with a pizza cutter. Place strips ½ inch apart on cookie sheet.
5. Brown at 350 degrees until flaky (takes about 10 minutes, but be sure to watch closely!)