The Fabulous Plan with Kaylen Nelson
Did you catch all the exclamation points in President Nelson’s invitation to “think celestial” and wonder how to apply this gusto to your own dilemmas and hardships? That’s what this episode focuses on today! In this episode of Magnify, our contributor Kaylen Nelson is sharing three main takeaways from President Nelson’s address, “Think Celestial!”
Let the big picture relieve your stress. You don’t have to have it all figured out now. That’s what thinking celestial is.
Kaylen’s Three Takeaways
- Begin with the end in mind:
- This is a message of hope and happiness! Our Savior intends for us to make it in this life. When we take the long view and remember to keep repentance in mind, it should relieve us of the stress of trying to be perfect right now. We can have joy today!
- Our thoughts precede our actions:
- Thinking a little higher and holier could prevent a lot of heartache and disastrous decisions in a myriad of ways. The way we think about things like the law of chastity and our relationship to others and God will affect what kinds of decisions we make
- He is my solace:
- Where do we turn for peace? When we turn to the Lord for peace in our lives, the shame of what we may have done can be gone. We can repent and move on from our lives because we understand the fabulous plan is to be safe with the Savior.
Small & Simple Challenge
Think celestial! Take the time to study out President Nelson's talk, and then find ways to change those thoughts. Change the way you interact with even just one person this week.