President Nelson's new book, Heart of the Matter, has been highly anticipated. His book contains knowledge and truths learned from a century of living. President Nelson describes the truths taught in his new book as “the very essence of my life’s experiences.” These ten quotes come from throughout the book and will give you a taste of what's to come in the complete text.
1. “On April 12, 1984, I had the sacred experience of having the First Presidency and members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles ordain me an Apostle and confer all of the restored keys of the priesthood upon me. From that moment, I began to feel the weight of the responsibility of those keys and the burden of timeless trust that accompanies them. I have experienced the power of those keys again and again as I have traversed the earth. I know without reservation that priesthood keys have been restored to the earth.”
2. "I have no reservation in declaring that women—and especially women of faith—are our hope for the future!"
3. "I am often overwhelmed with the reality that the priesthood conferred upon worthy males is the very same power and authority through which God created this and numberless worlds, governs the heaven and the earth, and exalts His obedient children."
4. "My library card was perhaps my first possession that opened new worlds to me. I loved learning and loved my parents for encouraging me to read and explore the world around me. From those earliest days, they encouraged my voracious thirst for information and knowledge, which continues to this day."
5. "In my experience, science and religion are beautifully compatible disciplines. Scientific research is nothing more or less than the effort to discover laws, or absolute truths, that God has already put in place."
6. "The only thing that satisfies the yearnings of the human spirit is the perpetuation of family love."
7. "The seemingly impossible tasks we each face are literally stepping stones to sanctification."
8. "When all was said and done, we turned to the Lord to make up the difference. Again and again, He did."
9. "Revelation has no boundaries. As we learn to hear the voice of the Lord, He will direct us through the whisperings of the Spirit in all aspects of our lives. Nothing is off-limits."
10. "I leave you with my assurance that because Jesus Christ overcame this world, you can too."
▶ You may also like: How heeding prophets’ counsel changed President Russell M. Nelson’s life