Have you ever had a moment where you pause to take a breath and appreciate something small? These little wonders can be tender mercies in our lives. Here are 21 such simple pleasures that Latter-day Saints in particular might find in their everyday lives.
1. Knowing the scripture that a speaker is quoting
Especially if it's not a scripture mastery scripture.
2. Finding the answer to a prayer in a random scripture
Getting an answer to a prayer is always a simple pleasure. Finding it somewhere unexpected is even more touching.
3. Singing your favorite hymn in sacrament
Or any of the really inspiring hymns you love.
4. Hearing your favorite hymn sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Just like singing your favorite hymn in your local congregation, it's also a joy to hear your favorite songs performed by the Choir. Especially if you catch it during the weekly broadcast of Music & the Spoken Word.
5. Finding a modest shirt, swimsuit, or pair of shorts
Even if you live in Utah, there's a special thrill that comes with finding a modest piece of clothing you don't have to alter or wear a tank top under.
6. Getting a letter or email from your missionary
Missionary moms especially.
7. Listening to your favorite general conference speaker
Every conference talk is good, but there's always something special about your favorite speaker.
Via LDS Smile.
8. Hearing your mission language in conference
With the recent changes to allow foreign languages at conference, it's a thrill to hear your mission language used to deliver an address.
9. Watching conference in PJs
Seriously, there's so much to love about general conference.
10. Finishing reading the Book of Mormon
Whether it's your first time or your fiftieth, the sense of accomplishment you get after finishing Moroni 10 can't be beat.
11. Finding hidden LDS connections in your favorite movies and games
Whether it's listening to the now-infamous discussion on Cheers about Mormons and flowers or finding a LEGO picture of Joseph Smith in a video game, finding LDS connections in pop culture is always fun.
12. When a non-member stands up for Mormons
We love to hear about times when those not of our faith stick up for us Latter-day Saints.
13. Getting a good deal at Deseret Book
Deseret Book has some quality LDS products, which is why getting a good deal there is always something to celebrate.
14. Finding out your favorite reality TV contestant is LDS
We knew we liked that person for a reason.
15. Hearing a really moving testimony
Doesn't matter where—at Church, in a TV interview, or at FHE—it's always wonderful.
16. Eating after a long day of fasting
Especially if you've been cooking dinner in the crockpot all day.
17. Getting daily LDS news in your email inbox
So excited to see what's new in Mormondom!
18. Walking around the temple grounds
You don't even have to go inside to appreciate the simple pleasure of walking around a temple.
19. Hearing new Church announcements
We get a small thrill every time we hear an exciting new announcement from the Church.
20. Contributing a good comment to a Sunday School lesson
It's always uplifting to know that you helped the teacher—and that you nailed it.
21. Recognizing the hand of God in the mini-miracles of your everyday life
Above all, noticing the hand of God in our lives makes each and every small moment a simple pleasure.