Fire Causes $50,000 to $100,000 worth of Damage to Meetinghouse in Cedar City

by | Oct. 19, 2018

Mormon Life

“The sprinklers did exactly what they were supposed to do. They keep the fire in check until we get there and put it out,” Chief Mike Phillips said. “There was a little bit of smoldering that the crews had to deal with, but that’s it.”

Fire crews were busy Thursday responding to two fires at a residence and later a chapel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. . . .

The fire department was called out . . . around 4:40 p.m. by an alarm company that notified dispatch that the inside sprinklers had been activated in a Latter-day Saint chapel located on 3800 West Cody Drive. 

Lead image by Austin Sullivan, St. George News

Read the rest of this story at stgnews.com
Comments and feedback can be sent to feedback@ldsliving.com