On April 1, 2017, President Jean B. Bingham, Sister Sharon Eubank, and Sister Reyna I. Aburto were called as the Relief Society General Presidency. According to Church News, there were 7,107,193 women in the Relief Society residing in 188 countries at the time. As of March 2021, that number had grown to 7.5 million women in 220 countries. The Relief Society also recently celebrated its 180th anniversary. In honor of the occasion, the presidency issued an invitation for women to serve in their communities.
During the Saturday afternoon session of April 2022 general conference, the release of the Relief Society General Presidency was announced. Their release will be effective August 1, 2022. In the past five years of their service, the presidency has ministered to Latter-day Saints around the world, organized relief efforts during the pandemic that produced more than 5.7 million masks, and shared wise counsel in countless addresses. Here’s a look at some of the highlights from their remarkable service.
► You may also like: What a visit to the Venezuelan border taught Church leaders
► You may also like: Cairo Latter-day Saints receive visit from general Church leaders
From what seems like nearly the moment they were called, the Relief Society General Presidency began speaking in front of large audiences. Only 12 days after her presidency began, President Bingham gave an address at the United Nations, and one month after, the presidency spoke at BYU Women’s Conference. See some of the places where they’ve spoken throughout their service and read their remarks below.
BYU Women’s Conference
- President Bingham: “How Vast Is Our Purpose”
- Sister Eubank: “Relief Society—Divinely Ordained of God”
- Sister Aburto: “What Has Relief Society Been for Me?”
- Sister Eubank and Sister Aburto: “That We May All Sit Down in Heaven Together”
- Relief Society General Presidency: “Endowed with Priesthood Power”
- President Bingham: Sister to Sister Event
- President Bingham, Sister Eubank: “Gathering Together in the Latter Days”
- Sister Aburto: Sister to Sister Conversation
- Relief Society General Presidency addresses “The Promise of Belonging”
- Sister Eubank: Sister to Sister Conversation
- President Bingham, October 2017: “That Your Joy Might Be Full”
- Sister Aburto, April 2018: “With One Accord”
- Sister Eubank, April 2019: “Christ: The Light That Shines in Darkness”
- Sister Aburto, October 2019: “Thru Cloud and Sunshine, Lord, Abide with Me!”
- President Bingham, April 2020: “United in Accomplishing God’s Work”
- Sister Eubank, October 2020 women’s session: “By Union of Feeling We Obtain Power with God”
- Sister Aburto, April 2021: “The Grave Has No Victory”
- Sister Eubank, October 2021: “I Pray He’ll Use Us”
- President Bingham, November 2018: “Keys to Progress: An Eternal Perspective”
- Sister Eubank, November 2019: The role of priesthood and covenants in blessing the human race
- President Bingham, January 2022: “One Thing of More Importance Than They All: Jesus Christ”
- President Bingham, February 2022: Address to missionaries in the Provo Missionary Training Center
Forums and Other Addresses
- President Bingham, April 2017: Address at the United Nations during a “Focus on Faith” panel discussion”
- President Bingham, May 2018: Offers prayer at the White House during National Day of Prayer
- Sister Eubank, October 2018: G20 Interfaith Forum in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Sister Eubank, September 2019: National Women’s Conference in Finland
- President Bingham, May 2020: Women of Covenant Church News series
- Sister Aburto, June 2020: Women of Covenant Church News series
- Sister Eubank, October 2020: Virtual G20 Interfaith Forum hosted by Saudi Arabia
- President Bingham, March 2021: 5th Annual International Women-in-Diplomacy Day
- Sister Eubank, April 2021: Keynote address at the Utah Coalition Against Pornography annual conference
- Sister Eubank, October 2021: 16 Things You Can Do to Be a Humanitarian
During their years of service, the presidency has shared their thoughts and testimonies many times via video. View some of their messages below.
The voices of the Relief Society General Presidency have also often been heard over podcasts. Listen to their thoughts in the players below.
Want to stay in the Latter-day Saint loop all year long? Subscribe to the daily LDS Living Newsletter for information and inspiration right to your inbox.